To put it simply — a mature and sustainable partnerships program relies on partner diversity. Like the ingredients that go into making the perfect chocolate cake, you want an ideal mix of partner types to reach different audiences in different ways. Furthermore, you want to compensate those partners based on how they contribute to your business goals.
Your impact.com platform makes it easy to manage, track, and measure all kinds of partnerships and tailor each relationship to optimize value.
Here are three ways to spice up your partnership program by leveraging impact.com’s platform to diversify your partnerships. Ready to get started?
1. Explore partner types for your business
With impact.com, you enjoy access to some of the most popular partnership types. Each one has its unique benefits, and some are simpler to launch than others. Click on any type to learn more and how they might align with your business goals.
- Traditional affiliates: Cashback, loyalty, and coupon sites are typically easy to get started.
- Social media influencers: Help grow brand awareness, educate customers, and improve brand trust.
- Mobile partners: Targeted promotions can raise brand awareness and drive traffic straight to your app.
- Brand-to-brand strategic partnerships: Implementing a co-branding strategy with a similar or complementary business offers benefits. These include increased sales, customer engagement, and mindshare for all brands involved.
- Charities and nonprofits: Give back to the community while supporting a positive brand image and increasing customer reach.
- Content creators: Bloggers, vloggers, podcasters, and others create authentic content such as gift lists and product reviews.
- Display partners: They host your ads on their websites or network — great for driving traffic.
- Media houses: News sites, online magazines, or content networks can expand your customer base.
- Subaffiliate networks: Allow you to share offers with large numbers of partners without forming direct relationships — an easy way to grow
2. Tailor your contracts the easy way with Template Terms
As you broaden your partner portfolio, you’ll want different contracts with different commission structures to attract and incentivize top performers.
Using impact.com Template Terms, you can define all of your terms, such as payout rates and payout windows, and partners can then sign up for your program. Once a partner accepts your Template Terms, you have a legally binding contract. Voila, it’s that easy.
Here’s a basic guide to creating Template Terms, which covers most things you’ll encounter during the process.
Bonus tip! Understanding which partners are productive vs merely active lets you double down on high performers with your incentives, terms, and recruiting. Here’s how.
3. Group partners for efficiency
As you expand and diversify your partnerships, impact.com provides tools and automation to keep things manageable. Start by categorizing your partners (by type, geographic location, etc.) for organizational purposes. You can even sort one partner into multiple groups. Grouping makes it easier to report by partner type and target your group communications and outreach.
When partners are in a group, you can also offer them individualized ad content and contract terms that aren’t available to all partners. Learn more about grouping partners in the Help Center.