It’s been a strange couple of weeks. Like many others, I am learning to adjust to a new schedule that includes working from home full-time, while being a full-time stay-at-home parent, and trying to figure out how to be successful (or really, just how not to fail!) at both.
As I scroll through my social feeds, I realize how fortunate I truly am to be healthy and employed during this unprecedented time in history. And I wonder when things can go back the way they were, when our biggest problem in New York was losing access to plastic straws and bags. I miss the subway, the crowds at Grand Central, my coworkers, and the feeling of normalcy that I took for granted. And I am devastated to see the chaos and sickness this virus is causing around the world, but I am also so incredibly grateful for the acts of humanity and selflessness that are being brought to light, not just by individuals, but also corporations doing good.
So while we build our home offices, teach our parents how to Zoom, and move our yoga classes online, I’m hopeful this new structure can also open a new spectrum of opportunities to make the most of — cooking with our children, learning a new skill, taking time for self-care, touching base with old friends, and maybe even consistently watering our indoor plants (I’m working on it).
At Impact, we believe in the power of partnership. And our partners all over the world have created offers to make this “new normal” an easier transition for those of us working from home or otherwise affected by COVID-19. A free month of podcasts, a complimentary workout session, discounts on laptops or meal kits: these helpful offers can make our lives just a little bit easier while we try to redefine how to be successful in business, at home and as a member of a society doing our part to keep ourselves and others safe from behind our closed doors. We hope you find them helpful too:
- Flowers let you stay close and connected during this time of social distancing — receive 20% off your order from 1-800-flowers.com by using code IMPACT from 3/25/20-4/30/20
- Avocado, green mattress brand, just released reusable protective face masks made with organic cotton to help those in need during this Covid-19 crisis. They are also offering $175 off mattresses with code: ORGANIC175, plus an extra $50 off for verified educators, military, law enforcement, firefighters, emergency medical technicians, doctors, and nurses.
- Take on your at-home workouts in style with 30% off your purchase at Athleta & Hill City. Restrictions apply. Ends 4/6. Available in the U.S.
- Aurofit: Stay fit at home with motivational audio workouts led by expert trainers — seven- day free trial, available in the U.K.
- Stay cozy at home with 50% off your purchase at Banana Republic, Gap, and Old Navy. From 4/2 – 4/6, available in the U.S. Restrictions apply.
- To offer stability to small businesses around the world, BigCommerce, a leading ecommerce platform, is offering three months free on all plans for new merchants
- Blinkist, the app that offers key ideas from bestselling nonfiction distilled by experts into bitesize text and audio, is offering an extended 30-day free trial for Impact’s clients and partners.
- Bloombox Club: When you can’t go out, bring the outside in. Bloombox Club offers plant subscriptions and statement plants that help reconnect people with nature while increasing the well-being that living with plants provides. Get 10% off your first order, available in the U.K.
- Brentwood Home, natural luxury bedding and mattresses, is offering 20% off their Crystal Cove Yoga Collection – use code: YOGA20
- In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, CouponCabin has increased its cashback rates for the foreseeable future so that members now receive 100% of the commission they earn from their partner stores.
- Easyship is giving Impact customers and partners access to “Easyship Plus” features for three months, with subscription fees waived. Regardless of size, stores can leverage Easyship’s branded tracking and messaging as well as live chat support.
- Extended Stay America Hotels is offering up to 31% off all stays and up to 60% off stays of 60+ nights
- fuboTV is extending a free seven-day trial to experience their live streaming platform, offering more channels for cord cutters than any other live platform.
- Hayu: The subscription-based video streaming service is the place to watch your favorite reality shows whenever you want. They are offering a one-month free trial available in the U.K., Ireland, Australia, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Finland, Canada, the Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, Hong Kong, the Philippines, and Singapore
- Laugh Lounge, which streams more than 150 stand-up broadcasts a year from legendary comedy clubs across the world, is offering a full-year subscription for just $19.99 (that’s like getting 8 months free). Laughter is more important now than ever.
- “Lenovo Work From Home Like a Pro Deal” for North America, Singapore, Malaysia, Hong Kong, and Korea markets is providing discounts on home computers and hardware. North America is also offering up to 62% off office furniture, including office and gaming chairs, standing desks, and more powered by Office Depot on Lenovo.com. Customers will also receive an extra 5% off with code OFFICEDEPOT5.
- Little Cooks: Keep the kids busy during school shutdowns while teaching them valuable life skills with cooking kits for kids. Monthly subscription boxes contain healthy ingredients that make cooking with children easy, fun, and healthy. Get 25% off your first box. Available in the U.K.
- Luminary is offering new subscribers a free month of podcast subscription (available in the U.S., Canada, U.K., Australia, New Zealand, and South Africa).
- NordPass password manager remembers your complex passwords and autofilled online forms, and lets you access them from anywhere. Receive a 60% discount for a two-year NordPass subscription with coupon code: IMPACT.
- NordVPN encrypts your internet traffic and hides your IP and physical location. It works on six devices at once and on every major platform. Receive a two-year plan with 69% off, using coupon code: IMPACT.
- Parker Clay, manufacturer of blankets, throw pillows and other home office essentials, is offering 25% off site-wide with code: WEGOTOGETHER25
- Razer is converting some of its manufacturing lines to produce up to one million masks and donating them to countries in need. They are offering a 15% discount on peripherals and 5% on laptops when you sign up with your company email.
- Tuft & Needle is giving 10% off sitewide until April 13 and 15% off for anyone in the medical field (tentative end date of April 1). To qualify for the 15% off, just place a phone order with the Tuft & Needle customer experience team at (877) 842-2586.
- Wantable is using their technology & fulfillment center to crowdsource homemade face masks and distribute them to medical professionals and first responders in need. If you can sew and would like to volunteer, sign up here.
- Yoga International hosted a virtual beginner yoga session for our staff and clients on March 25. If you missed it, watch the recording and practice in your own time.
Stay safe and healthy.