Join our Shanghai office
We’re the trailblazers of the new partnership economy, and we need smart, driven individuals like you.
If you are looking to join a team where your opinion is valued, your contributions are noticed, and enjoy working with fun and talented people from all over the world then this is the place for you.
If you have a desire to work in an organisation that is:
- Passionate about its people
- Focused on delivering the very best tech to our customers
- Offering the flexibility to work how and where you are most successful
- Obsessed with our customer’s success
- The leading SaaS platform to automate partnerships - affiliate, influencer, technology partners, and more!
- Entrepreneurial in spirit with a culture that rewards collaboration and curiosity
- Obsessed with making a difference in business and to the wider community
Impact is the global leader in Partnership Automation, working with innovative brands like Ticketmaster, Levi’s, Microsoft, Airbnb, and Uber to help them manage their online affiliate, influencer, brand to brand, and content partnerships. The Impact Partnership Cloud covers the full life partnership lifecycle including onboarding, tracking ads and paying partners, recruiting for new partners, data and marketing intelligence, and protection from fraud. Founded in 2008, Impact has grown to over 500 employees and ten offices across Europe, the United States, Africa, and Asia so there is plenty of opportunity for growth and advancement.
Your Role at Impact:
Our goal is to build relationships based on trust which result in happy, passionate, loyal customers and colleagues. We do this through listening to their needs and guiding them to the fullest use of the features we offer. We are looking for people with the right mix of compassion, writing skills, and technical knowledge to get the job done.
What You'll Do:
- Being an active member of a global team that provides support via live chat, tickets, and one on-one screen share sessions.
- Become a product expert
- You will be expected to be part of a team of wild cards that can augment any other customer facing team as needed.
- Liaise with product and engineering to solve recurring customer problems
- Collaborate & contribute to improve internal & customer-facing knowledge base.
- Lead or contribute to cross functional strategic projects to drive efficiencies internally or to elevate customer experience
What You Have:
- Passionate about delivering great customer experience
- Experience working primarily in a customer-facing role, including support and training.
- Excellent writing and communication skills; the ability to understand and explain complex technical concepts to your audience is a must
- Be an independent contributor and a team player contributing to overall success of the team.
- Curiosity and the desire to learn - Our business is changing and growing fast, who knows what will be the skills of tomorrow? Flexibility is key.
- Superb troubleshooting skills that help you take big problems and break them down into manageable pieces with elegant solutions
- Casual work environment, including working from home
- Flexible work hours
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Take the time off that you need. We are truly committed to a positive work-life balance, recognising that it is important to be happy and fulfilled in both
- 6 month paternity/maternity leave
- Training & Development
- Learning the advanced partnership automation products
- Medical Aid and Provident Fund
- Group schemes with Discovery & Bonitas for medical aid
- Group scheme with Momentum for provident fund
- Restricted Stock Units
- 3-year vesting schedule pending Board approval
- Internet Allowance
- Fitness club fee reimbursements
Impact is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ethnicity, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, genetics, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity or non-binary or nonconformity and/or status as a trans individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, marital, parental and/or familial status, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
At Impact our culture is our soul. We are passionate about our people, our technology, and are obsessed with customer success. Working together enables us to grow rapidly, win, and serve the largest brands in the world. We use cutting edge technology to solve real world problems for our clients and continue to pull ahead of the pack as the leading SaaS platform for businesses to automate their partnerships and grow their revenue like never before. We have an entrepreneurial spirit and a culture where ambition and curiosity is rewarded. If you are looking to join a team where your opinion is valued, your contributions are noticed, and enjoy working with fun and talented people from all over the world..then this is the place for you.
Impact is the global leader in Partnership Automation. We work with enterprise and innovative brands like Ticketmaster, Levi’s, Microsoft, Airbnb, and Uber to help them manage all different types of partnerships. From social influencers, B2B, strategic partners, publishers, and traditional affiliates, we have them covered. Our combined suite of products covers the full life partnership lifecycle including onboarding, tracking ads and paying partners, recruiting for new partners, data and marketing intelligence, and protection from fraud. Founded in 2008 by the same team that founded Commission Junction, Impact has grown to over 500 employees and ten offices across the United States, Europe, Africa, and Asia.
Why this role is exciting:
As an Engineer at Impact, working on the Big Data platform, you will work on the latest technologies building features that enable the large-scale processing of data supporting products. You will be part of an Agile / Scrum team and will mentor / lead others where applicable.
- Design, implement, write tests, QA, & deploy applications on Impact’s data analytics platform
- Become familiar with the Cloudera technology stack: Spark, HDFS, HBase, Impala, Kudu, Kafka, etc
- Respond to alerts, review error messages, and fix bugs in a timely manner
- Perform data quality analysis and introduce monitors and alerts to maintain it
- Collaborate with the team to fulfill the department's quarterly objectives
- Assist systems group with database and other infrastructure upgrades (sometimes off-hours/weekends)
- Become intimately familiar with Cloud solutions such as Google and Amazon
- Gain & maintain enough understanding of our business and industry to deliver effective solutions
- Help ensure best practices and technologies are used in the department
Does this sound like you?
- Completed B.S. In Computer Science or related field or equivalent professional experience
- Experience working on Big Data Solutions (strongly preferred)
- Startup or Internet business experience is valuable
- Experience in using and contributing to open source projects
- Java programming experience
- Experience writing scala code
- GitHub Account with showcased work / samples / contributions (strongly preferred)
- Experience working with Large Data Volumes - Terabytes to Petabytes (preferred)
- Experience working tools such as Spark, HDFS, Impala, HBase and Kafka
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- Unlimited PTO
- 401k matching
- Stock Options
- Flexible work hours
- Maternity/Paternity Leave
- An employee-led culture team that plans our happy hours, parties, and other events to celebrate our many successes
- An established company with a cool, high velocity work ethos, where each person can make a difference!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.