I’d like to take a moment to recognize the Russian invasion of Ukraine and express our deepest sympathy for everyone who is affected by this heartbreaking situation. The cost of war is horrific; innocent bystanders are caught in the middle, and many of us feel helpless watching this take place. impact.com enables partnerships, and we believe in the power of community and helping one another
We, like the rest of the world, stand in solidarity with Ukraine. To that end, we are inspired by our clients who have mobilized to assist those in need, and as partners do, we support their initiatives. We’ve highlighted them here, to encourage others to join in assisting those affected.
Below is a shortlist of companies taking action to help support Ukraine:
- Airbnb is offering free, short-term housing to up to 100,000 Ukrainian refugees. Anyone interested in opening their homes to support this effort can learn more at airbnb.org/help-ukraine
- Revolut opened fee-free donations to their global customers and will match every donation made to Red Cross Ukraine
- Spotify is matching employee donations two to one to support local humanitarian efforts
- The Points Guy and sister company The Lonely Planet, have donated over $20K to the effort and have listed other ways you can help here.
- Uber is teaming up with the International Rescue Committee (IRC) to help Ukrainians during their time of need. Lend a hand by donating, and they’ll match every donation up to $1 million.
- Visa is donating $2 million dollars to the U.S. Fund for UNICEF to support humanitarian aid to the people of Ukraine. Visa is also double matching all employee donations (up to $1 million) to the Ukrainian response funds of UNICEF and the Red Cross
It can be easy to feel helpless in the face of what’s going on, but anyone can do something to help, no matter how small. To that end, impact.com will be making a donation to ShelterBox, a local Santa Barbara non-profit who has been a guest speaker at our courtyard company lunch events in the past. ShelterBox’s mission is to build awareness of global displacement and to provide families with shelter and supplies to rebuild their homes after disasters or conflicts. They are providing aid to Ukrainian refugees and on-the-ground support and emergency shelters in eastern Europe. Company executives will also be matching any employee donations.
As a company, impact.com is committed to the safety and well-being of our employees and clients, and we are continuously monitoring the crisis and its global ramifications. We remain hopeful that there will be an end to this violence soon. Please reach out to our team with any questions or concerns. Thank you and stay safe.
David A. Yovanno, CEO