Next week, thousands of decision makers, influencers, and disruptors will descend on Cannes to mix, mingle and – most importantly – build the relationships that will drive the next generation of performance marketing.
Check out Impact’s super simple guide to getting the most out of your trip to Cannes.
#1 Stay Central
The official destination for Cannes Lions is the Palais des Festivals et des Congrès, a modern convention center in the heart of Cannes. Even if you’re not planning to attend the official sessions, you’ll want to stay close by to take advantage of the networking and socializing happening in, and around, the Palais.
If the official hotels aren’t your speed, Airbnb offers rentals for last minute bookers.
#2 Cozy Up at the Carlton
Don’t spin your wheels trying to book meetings all over town. Camp out in the lobby of one of these centrally located hotels and you’re guaranteed to make the right connections.
#3 Get Yourself on a YachtNothing says “I’m in Cannes” more than a yacht selfie. Don’t have access to a yacht of your own? Grab a friend and join Impact for our Tuesday Happy Hour with IgnitionOne. RSVP here.
#4 Learn from the BestWhen it comes to creative minds and the best-in-tech talent – the stage at Cannes features them all. Check-out the sessions we’re most excited about seeing:
Nikos Acuña (Sizmek), Lubomira Rochet (L’Oréal), Atif Rafiq (Volvo), Chris Duffey (Adobe). Images courtesy of Cannes Lions
- What AI Teaches us about Creativity and the Universe with Sizmek
- Technology is at the Heart of Beauty with L’Oréal
- Smart Cities: Changing the Way We Live, Work and Innovate with WeWork and Volvo
- Human + Machine: Stronger Together in the Age of Co-Creation with Adobe
#5 Facebook Party
Image courtesy of Facebook.
Because it’s the biggest tech party at Cannes, period. Get yourself on the list.
No luck? Stop by Facebook Beach to learn the ancient art of Indian Block Lettering, enjoy morning mocktails or take in one of their sessions.
#6 Meet the Rising Women in Business, Culture + TechCannes is quickly becoming a destination for female leaders looking to conduct business, network, and gain insights from their peers. Here are the best places to catch them…Avery Baker (Tommy Hilfiger), Kathleen Hall (Microsoft), Bozoma St. John (Uber), and Jennifer Sey (Levi’s). Images courtesy of Cannes Lions
- The Girls Lounge Content and perks for women
- Facebook Beach’s featured session on elevating the stories of women for good – Thought Leadership: Women of Impact – Changing Communities and Inspiring Global Action with Deloitte Digital, National Geographic and more.
- Leading a Generation of Women Ready to Own Their Futures with Girlboss and Uber
- The ‘Fearless’ Interview with Tommy Hilfiger’s Avery Baker
- Hollywood Meets Madison Ave: Does This Ever Work? featuring Kathleen Hall, CVP of Brand, Global Advertising and Research at Microsoft, alongside Blk-Ops and Recording Artist, Common.
- The New Innovation Model: Data-Driven Creativity, featuring Kimberly Kadlec, Senior Vice President, Global Marketing at Visa
- The Strange Power of Confidence featuring Susan Somersille Johnson, CMO of Suntrust, Strawberry Frog and, Actor, David Oyelowo
- FCB’s “Never Finished” Series featuring Levi’s Global CMO Jen Sey and #me too’s Tarana Burke
#7 Get Out of Town
While it’s easy to spend all your time on the Promenade de la Croisette, don’t miss out on these unique area destinations.
Image courtesy of Hotel Amarante
A 10-minute walk from the Palais, Le Sequet is the old quarter of Cannes, offering historical charm in the way of 400 year old streets, beautiful views of the Bay of Cannes, and the Marché Forville, a indoor market with flowers, cheese and more.
Restaurant Le Coin Gourmet in Vieux le Cannet. Image Courtesy of Restaurant Le Coin Gourmet
Also a short bus ride from downtown are two medieval villages, the Vieux le Cannet and the Saint Paul de Vence, offering vista views and excellent restaurants for a Parisian feast or just a glass du vin.
Looking to add a day to your itinerary? Check-out these day-trip destinations.
#8 Book Time with Impact
Join us for our happy hour, or schedule some 1:1 time to learn how Impact’s best-in-class natively integrated platform, and product suite, has helped accelerate the performance marketing strategy of big brands like Lenovo, Uber, Barkbox and Target.
- Relentlessly Fight Fraud with Forensiq | Identify malicious activity and eliminate bad actors so you can optimize your digital spend towards higher quality traffic
- Make Smarter Media Buying Decisions with Altitude | Unify and analyze the data across your marketing channels for deep insights into customer trends and behaviors
- Partner without Limits with Radius | Elevate your marketing maturity by consolidating your partnerships on a single intelligent, flexible platform